Juvenile Justice Outreach
LifeQuest is active in 8 juvenile facilities statewide.
- Albuquerque Boys Reintegration Center (Bernalillo County)
- Albuquerque Girls Reintegration Center (Bernalillo County)
- Bernalillo County Youth Services Center (Bernalillo County)
- Camino Nuevo Youth Center (Bernalillo County)
- Eagle Nest Reintegration Center (Colfax County)
- John Paul Taylor Center (Dona Ana County)
- Sequoyah Adolescent Treatment Center (Bernalillo County)
- Youth Diagnostic Development Center (Bernalillo County)
LifeQuest provides the following services to the at-risk and incarcerated youth of NM:
1 on 1 Mentoring– Mentoring involves meeting with a young man or woman, often inside a secure facility, once a week for an hour. Meetings include getting to know each other, devotionals, tackling hard issues, but most importantly providing a consistent unconditional friend. Our heart for mentoring is that the relationships come to last a lifetime; to do Life together.
Character Development/Life Skills classes – The curriculum LifeQuest uses is designed to give youth the skills for positive social interaction with others. Classes meet weekly to build the relationship and engage in discussion.
Tutoring/ GED Prep Tutoring – LifeQuest provides tutoring in both individual and group settings. Tutors help prepare clients for their GED or to obtain a High School Diploma, as well as general classwork.
Recovery Group – Providing substance abuse recovery aligns with our mission to help guide youth to become fully productive citizens.
Bible Study – Bible Studies are held throughout the week at the facilities. Many volunteers lead simple studies and discussions with small groups of clients.
Transitional Services – LifeQuest continues to walk alongside clients as they transition back into society. We provide various support services including navigating the how to’s of the MVD and Rental agreements.
From mentorship to tutoring and teaching, there are plenty of opportunities to support youth in New Mexico.
Find the right fit for you here.